about shop patterns projects printables extras sponsorship wild olive twitter flickr pinterest subscribe

stitch love party // sea friends patterns

Stitch Love Sea Friends Pattern


When I was working on Stitch Love: Sweet Creatures Big & Small, choosing animals and creatures to include was not easy. There are just so many, and as it was I was pushing it for space in the pages. And then after it was all done (I actually finished all of the stitching a full year before it came out), of course I learned of other animals I wish I had included.

This pattern is one of those animals. It's a bunny sea slug, and you can see what the real deal looks like here.

I think it would be cute without the white outline, but it adds a little definition. This is also the pattern that I'll be stitching today. As in, I'm #StitchLoveParty-ing right along with you! Expect to see her finished by the end of the day.


Also in this pattern PDF is a sea horse (by special request!) and a tiny adorable octopus (which had a tentative scientific name of octopus adorabilis!). Let's get stitching!

10 comments:

  1. LOVE THEM!! Thanks!
    `Whitney

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'M DYIIIINNNNNGGGG!!! A bunny sea slug?!?! I never knew such a cute thing existed!! I feel like my heart is going to explode!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:32 AM

    Love all three but the sea horse I think is my favorite....oh who am I kidding, I love all three. Thank you for this adorable pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:43 AM

    I have a question. When you are stitching the face on your patterns, and that's all you're stitching in that color, how to you tie off or end? Like when I am doing a stem or back stitch, I can loop underneath a stitch or two on the back and knot it off . But with the two French knots and the smile stitch, I have trouble tying off. Any tips?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I start with a knot. If possible, I try to hold down the tail when I make the smile, but sometimes it's just floating there. And then I end with a knot and slide the tail under a stitch or two when I can. Not ideal, but it does work!

      Delete
  5. Eek! So excited about the seahorse thank you so much!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Links aren't working...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try them again. They have been working for me, so maybe there was just a temporary glitch.

      Delete
  7. Anonymous7:44 PM

    OOOO...thanks for the seahorse! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just popping in to say that a) this is cute and b) at first...I thought it was a bunny sea urchin! Apparently I am in a prickly mood. ;)

    ReplyDelete

I often reply to comments in the comments...check back if you have a question!