about shop patterns projects printables extras sponsorship wild olive twitter flickr pinterest subscribe

eight days a week epp block // joining the pieces

Eight Days a Week EPP Block // joining

The joining of the Eight Days a Week pieces has begun!

My favorite trick for laying out the pieces is to find the arrangement I like, and then snap a pic on my iPad. Otherwise I forget. Even if I stack my pieces in the order they go, I manage to forget which side to attach to, or it ends up off in some other way.

Sometimes I still change my mind (I think I've made three big changes so far on this one!), but then I just take a new picture. Easy peasy!

I'm joining these with whip stitch. I actually really like the way it looks when I use running stitch, but this way is faster, and as it is, I'm fairly certain it's gonna take me months to make my pillow.

Because in my excitement to start this, I let a few other things go. So this project goes on hold for a bit. As my piecing gets a little larger, I'll do more updates.

If you decide to use this block, I'd love to see! Tag me on Instagram (I'm @molliejohanson) and tag your pics #EightDaysAWeekEPP. Find the template here!

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:55 AM

    Your fabrics are so cute! I especially love the floral ones. This pillow is going to be adorable when it's done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So gorgeous! I love the fabric patterns.

    Vegetarian CourtesyCheesePapas

    ReplyDelete
  3. Snapping photos of your block layout = BRILLIANT! I'm starting the Lucy Boston Patchwork of the Crosses this weekend, and that tip (taking a picture) may well save my sanity - thanks for sharing! You picked great fabrics - can't wait to see more pictures as you move along with the project!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Photos are great ideas! I use whip stitch, got to love a bit of EPP!

    ReplyDelete

I often reply to comments in the comments...check back if you have a question!