about shop patterns projects printables extras sponsorship wild olive twitter flickr pinterest subscribe

pattern // dia de los muertos skulls and flowers

Dia De Los Muertos Embroidery Patterns

At my house we don't do much celebrating for Day of the Dead, but I find many of the decorations to be pretty fun. So last year I designed a printable wreath project for Handmade Charlotte. The wreath features layered flowers and sugar skulls...with a bit of a Wild Olive flair.

I always thought they'd make excellent embroidery patterns too, so I adapted them slightly so they are stitchable.

Dia De Los Muertos Embroidery Patterns


They can be used as individual motifs, but I think they'd be fantastic layered. You know, a skull with a grouping of flowers, or maybe even a few skulls for a larger design! I'll leave that up to you.

I did take the liberty of choosing a few colors that would be fun for your Dia de los Muertos stitching...

Dia De Los Muertos Embroidery Patterns

Add some black and/ or white to these DMC colors and you'll be ready to stitch a celebration!


And then don't forget to check out the printable wreath. There are more skull designs there too, so you may even be inspired to create your own decorative designs on the sugar skull outline!

9 comments:

  1. super cute ! also photos are really good !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are such happy skulls!! They're too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute! Thank you, Mollie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You combined two of my favorite things; Day of the Dead decorations and your patterns!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for the pattern!! These skulls are perfectly cute!! I can't wait to stitch them up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always liked the colors and designs on those skulls, but wasn't so sure about the expressions some of them have lol.... now I can stitch cute skulls!!! Love them, thanks for sharing them!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love em!!!! Thank you Dear One!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This gives all men who work out Alpha Peak an edge, no matter their level of experience. There is simply not enough literature on how rest and recovery helps men build muscle after they work out. There is no money to be made from this, which is why so many men are unaware of it. http://mirahealthgarciniablog.com/alpha-peak/

    ReplyDelete

I often reply to comments in the comments...check back if you have a question!