about shop patterns projects printables extras sponsorship wild olive twitter flickr pinterest subscribe

stitch-love-along // round one

#StitchLoveAlong

I'm so very excited to officially kick off the Wild Olive Stitch-Love-Along!

Faith, Becca, and I have been organizing a stitch-along to go with my book Stitch Love, and we'd love for you to join us! The Stitch-Love-Along begins today, but if you don't have the book yet, this first round is pretty easy to make, so if you want to pick up a copy, you'll still have time.

Round 1 // August 4-18
Stitch a Pocket Pal (any Stitch Love embroidery motif with the Pocket Pal project on page 53)

Round 2 // August 18-September 1
Make an Animal (choose a project that creates an animal...examples to come!)

Round 3 // September 1-15
Stitch a Critter (embroider any Stitch Love motif on a handmade item...ideas to come!)

At the end of each round everyone who participates will receive a free Stitch Love pattern designed just for that round of the Stitch-Love-Along!

Pocket Pal Shirt Project

This round is to stitch a pocket pal! I love this project and its flexibility. It's also a good way to get your feet wet for the Stitch-Love-Along, or even for embroidery.

To participate in this round, look to page 53 in Stitch Love, choose your favorite motif from the book to stitch in a pocket, and get started!

Share your progress on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, or your own blog. This is all about stitching along together and sharing with each other, so be sure to tag your posts #StitchLoveAlong. We all want to see your materials, your process, and of course...the finished project!

Details for getting the special round one pattern will come when the round is done.

Pocket Pal Idea

I mentioned that this project is flexible, and here's the tip about this. You don't have to make a shirt, although shirt pockets are adorable with a friend popping out! Just about any pocket will do, and soooo many of the embroidery patterns will work with this.

Pocket Pal Tote

For mine, I'm using a pre-made tote bag. I grabbed some fabric and trim so that I can customize it a little...I'm thinking slightly girly for me! And I'll let you follow along on social media to see what I start stitching!

If you have any questions, just ask Becca, Faith, or me. We tend to be most active on Instagram, but anywhere you track us down will get you an answer.

We can't wait to see what you're stitching in your pocket! Ready? Let's Stitch Love!

2 comments:

  1. Shauna Jared3:48 PM

    I'm going to see if I can find a shirt of my son's to embroider on this weekend!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for encouraging me to use your book in this way. It made me think outside the box.
    Capi @sewcloudy

    ReplyDelete

I often reply to comments in the comments...check back if you have a question!